Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
By Sue & John Nightingale
1 ½ cups all purpose whole wheat flour
¾ cup granulated Sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cup mashed banana ( use 3-4 bananas )
½ cup melted butter or marg
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips - or more if you like
½ cup (optional) chopped nuts, any kind - pecans, almonds
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking
powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together egg, banana, melted butter, and choc chips and nuts.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Fill lightly greased or paper-lined muffin tin ( makes 12 regular size
or 6 large muffins)
- Bake at 375 ° 20 to 25 minutes or until top springs back, or sharp
- Put unused bananas in the freezer and keep until
you want to bake.
- Take out and thaw or use microwave on auto defrost.
- Using frozen bananas, saves lots of time - no mashing required.
- For 24 muffins, double this up.