By Jan Bennett
These make great hors d'oeuvres, and you can
mess about with the ingredients to
your heart's content! Mine never come out the same twice, but here are the basics:
- 1 cooked boneless chicken breast, minced
- a clove or two or three of garlic, minced
- a jalepeno pepper or two (or if you're adventurous, substitute a Scotch bonnet!),
- 1 8-oz package of cream cheese, softened, grated Monterey Jack cheese (a bunch -
sorry, I rarely measure - maybe a cup?)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves, minced, soft tortillas
Throw everything in your food processor (except the tortillas!) and process until
smoothish. Spread on tortillas, roll and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
When ready to use, slice each roll into 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices and bake for 10
minutes at 350F. Serve warm or room temperature, with a nice hot salsa.
This recipe is also nice if you add a tsp. of
curry powder to the mixture, or some roasted red peppers, a little pesto - basically
anything you have on hand! They always turn out yummy.