Great Grandma Ruth's
Apple Spice Cookies
They're spongy soft chewy things with fine nuts and raisins in them, along with the appley cinnamon flavor. Hmmmmm, you can't eat just one!
1. Cream the shortening, sugar, salt,
nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, and the
2. Combine the soda and the thick
applesauce, then add it to the big
3. Add the flour, and stir together until it looks creamy.
4. Pour boiling water over the
raisins, and let sit until plump. Mix
5. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at
325 to 350 degrees until they just
ENJOY. You better make an extra batch.