by Kim Dudek
This is a wonderful drink to serve
after-outdoors or when family, friends or company come to visit. The aroma
of this cider will make your kitchen a wonderful place to be during the
holiday season. Seasons Greetings from my family’s kitchen to
- 2-4 liters of good quality apple cider (
we use a brand called Apple Valley)
- 2 mulling bags ( pre-mixed mulling
spices in fine mesh packets)
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 wedges fresh lemon
- 1/8 tsp. butter
- Pour the apple cider into a large pot,
preferably a stockpot.
- Add the mulling bags and begin to heat
on a medium temperature.
- Once the cider begins to steam slightly
add the remaining ingredients, squeezing the juice out of the lemon
wedges. Cover with a lid and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour,
stirring periodically to prevent burning and to make sure that the
cider does not boil.
- Pour into a cup or mug and serve with a
Notes: You can use apple juice in
place of apple cider in this recipe. Also if you omit the butter, this is
excellent served cold the next day at breakfast. 2 liters of cider will
serve at least six people while 4 liters will serve about 8 people.